When you open a segment for translation, it will automatically populate with the first TM/MT match available for that segment. Suggestions are displayed under each segment.
Translation Matches tab - This tab shows you up to three TM matches or MT suggestions for the current segment, including the match percentage, its source and its creation date. Use the shortcut CTRL+1/2/3 to choose and edit one of the options.
For every TM suggestion, its source, match percentage and creation date are indicated in the corner of every entry, as in the screenshot below:
The example below includes:
- a 98% match from the private TM key added to the project (the private TM key is shown as the source of the suggestion) as first suggestion, and therefore used to automatically populate the segment;
- the Machine Translation suggestion (with the corresponding source label MT)
- a 67% match from the public TM (source is “anonymous” here) as the third suggestion;
Depending on the source of the match and on the match percentage, the following labels can be displayed:
101% (Ice) matches from the Translation Memory
100% matches from the Translation Memory
Fuzzy matches from the Translation Memory.
Machine Translation suggestions
The suggestions are ranked according to their match percentage, from the highest to the lowest. The MT suggestions are allocated an 85% match by default. In the absence of higher percentages of matching, the MT will be displayed in the first place.
There are two ways of selecting and inserting the preferred suggestion into the target segment:
- use the shortcut CTRL+[1/2/3] depending on the corresponding suggestion you have chosen, or
- double-click on the match of your choice.
In order to remove a TM match from the translation memory, hover over it and click on the dustbin icon
on the right.
NOTE: Use the removal tool only if you want to delete the match from the translation memory because the target text is not the correct translation of the source text. Do not delete it if you think it is not the correct suggestion for your current segment.